South East England
Enjoy exclusive events, unique access and many other benefits.
The Bodleian Patrons support the work of Oxford’s Bodleian Libraries to remain, in the words of its founder Thomas Bodley, “the most absolute and sufficient for the furtheringe of students of all kyndes of knowledge of good literature that was ever yet in beinge, in any publique place of study”.
One of the world’s oldest libraries, the Bodleian has been fortunate to have a long-standing tradition of philanthropy that began with Sir Thomas Bodley’s bequest four hundred years ago. The continuous generosity of our supporters since has allowed us to expand, preserve, and make available the treasures in our collections.
Our Patrons community is a vital part of this centuries-old tradition of support. They support acquisitions, special projects and many other aspects of the Libraries’ work. Members enjoy a range of exclusive talks as well as trips abroad, copies of our exhibition catalogues, private tours and a discount on hiring the Divinity School for events.
Enjoy all the benefits of membership:
- An invitation to the annual Patrons European Trip
- A 10% discount when hiring the Divinity School for private events (up to 4 hours)
- One annual private tour of the Bodleian
- Free Signed Copy of every Bodleian Exhibition Catalogue
- Tickets to the annual Bodley Lecture
- Exclusive, intimate, behind the scenes events
- Exhibition private views, curatorial talks and tours
- Acknowledgement of your support in the Bodleian Library Friends’ Newsletter
- A free subscription to the Bodleian Library Friends’ Newsletter and the Bodleian Library Record
- 10% off in the Bodleian’s shops and café
As a new member, you will also receive a free copy of our 360 page exhibition catalogue Marks of Genius (Special Edition) when you join (RRP £200).
Join today and help to make the world’s intellectual heritage available for future generations.
- Our services:
- libraries events intellectual heritage